Friday, May 27, 2011

Lets Go Lightning

<3 Like I said I LOVE hockey. <3 I am life-long Detroit Red Wings fan and my all-time favorite player is Steve Yzerman. Alas I live in Tampa Bay and the Lightning is the home team and in a different conference from the Wings.  So the Wings only come into town every other year for one game. 
I was very excited last summer when the news was announced the Yzerman was coming to the Lightning to be VP and GM! He and the coach Guy Boucher have done an amazing job turning the Lightning into an amazing team this season. My DH and I had the great pleasure of going to game Game 6 against Boston Bruins at the St Pete Times Forum and it was an amazing game and so much fun. 
Tonight is game 7 and I can't wait. Who ever wins this game goes on to play Vancouver for the Stanley Cup.
No matter the outcome the team has been great this season and I believe that great things will come as Yzerman and Boucher help continue to build a great time.
GO BOLTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment